Sunday, April 15, 2007

The great chair climber and sock remover

Mary Kate is quite an accomplished climber. She started trying to climb things just a couple weeks after she started crawling, back in January. So, over the past four months, she has perfected her clamboring skills into something of an art form. And we have to admit, she has fabulous balance for an 11 month old.

Her favorite thing to climb on, up, over, around and under are the kids' chairs in the family room.

Here she is performing her signature move, the arm to arm suspension bridge climb (note her graceful form and nice height over the arms of the chairs).


She takes a quick breather to contemplate the ceiling and stretch out after that difficult climb. Note that she has removed a sock between completing her climb and settling in for a rest.
She is holding said removed sock in her left hand while reclining...then she realizes one sock is still on and quickly moves to free the captive piggies on the other foot.
Success. Both socks removed!! "Mom...what are these things for, anyway?"


"Really, Mom...the only thing these socks are good for is alleviating teething discomfort. So you can keep putting them on my feet if you want, but I am going to take them off and eat them every chance I get!"

"I think I'll keep chewing this one for a while while I check out my rocking dinosaur. "

No comments: