Sunday, December 23, 2007

Best Birthday Ever!

On Friday, we celebrated my 35th birthday. It was a really great day. Ethan woke up, ran into my room, and gave me a huge birthday hug and kiss...what a fabulous way to start the day! He also gave me a "Birthday Girl" button to wear on my shirt all day...boy, that really gets you a lot of "Happy Birthday!"s from total strangers when you are out in public!

Next, John surprised me by taking the day off and we partied all day! Mary Kate had a doctor's appointment at 11 am and while she and I were at the clinic, John and Ethan ran some "super secret" errands. They picked us up from the clinic and we all went out for lunch. I got flowers and the royal treatment at Panino's.

Then we went home and MK took a nap while the rest of us headed outside to build an enormous snowman. When John was taking the pictures, Ethan was exclaiming "Happy Birthday, Mom!" Oh yeah, I got to wear a crown, compliments of Ethan, while we were outside.


While I'm thinking of it, here are Mary Kate's stats (18 month...even though she is 19 1/2 months...we had to reschedule her appointment/shots due to a double ear infection back in November):

Height: 33.5 inches (90th percentile)

Weight: 28.5 pounds (90th percentile)

Head: 60th percentile (they didn't write down the measurement)

After snowman building, we came inside and decorated my cake. Ethan is all about the decorations, and he had Tinkerbell decorations, plates, napkins, etc all ready.
The boys made homemade pizza for supper...they are great pizza chefs. Ethan wanted John to throw the dough up in the air like the pros do it, but he had to settle for rolling it out instead.

I got to open lots of great gifts...thanks to everyone for the wonderful presents!

Then we finished up the party with cake and ice cream...followed by baths for the kiddos to rinse off all the frosting. Here's me with the beautiful cake.

No comments: